Definición de terpsichorean en inglés:
adjetivoformal or humorous
Of or relating to dancing.
- Now when the French government sponsors a festival, it does so with a certain panache, and this offering of contemporary French dance provided a shop window on their terpsichorean culture with ten companies splashed over two weeks.
- It was clear that Anita Ratnam was an object of devotion and an inspiration to her talented young dancers - to whom she gave generous space to display their admirable terpsichorean gifts.
- The climax to these terpsichorean rites was, of course, the appearance of the King himself, also masked and sometimes specifically attired as the Sun in its Heaven.
sustantivoformal or humorous Volver al principio
- Then again, dear reader, have you taken a close look at our native terpsichoreans?
- Although ballet took on a new look with the abstract terpsichoreans of Balanchine, this 1984 piece for me was the onset of contemporary ballet.
- Every Sunday, around 10 or 11 in the morning, a few dozen terpsichoreans gather in the park's concourse, slip some Basie into a boombox, take to the stage, and dance.
early 19th century: from Terpsichore (used in the 18th century to denote a female dancer or the art of dance) + -an.
Definición de terpsichorean en:
- Inglés británico e internacional dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan