- 1Decorate (a floor) with mosaics.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The nature of their decoration, whether by painted plaster on walls or ceilings, or by tessellated and mosaic floors, compares well with that from the countryside.
- One room had a red tessellated floor and the main reception room a geometric mosaic, partly restored.
- Remains from Roman Canterbury have also come to light, including walls standing two feet high, metalled roads, a number of tessellated floors, and a hoard of about 700 low-denomination coins spanning the 1st - 4th centuries.
- 1.1 Mathematics Cover (a plane surface) by repeated use of a single shape, without gaps or overlapping.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- By considering the action of the modular group on the complex plane, Klein showed that the fundamental region is moved around to tessellate the plane.
- Does there exist an algorithm or standard procedure that can take as input an arbitrary single tile and determine in a finite number of steps whether or not that tile tessellates the plane?
- Furthermore individual tracheids within these anomalous wood zones often possess a rounded cross-sectional shape, such that they do not perfectly tessellate, resulting in the occurrence of abundant intercellular spaces.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- While there are concepts like fractions that they are already familiar with, Ashalata also introduces other concepts like symmetry and tessellation.
- Then every tile that tessellates the plane must give rise to at least one periodic tessellation of the plane.
Pronunciación: /ˌtesəˈlāSHən/(also tesselation) sustantivo
late 18th century: from late Latin tessellat-, from the verb tessellare, from tessella, diminutive of tessera (see tessera).
Más definiciones de tessellateDefinición de tessellate en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional