Definición de thale cress en inglés:
A small white-flowered plant of north temperate regions, widely used in genetics experiments due to its small number of chromosomes and short life cycle.
- Arabidopsis thaliana, family Brassicaceae
- She interbred her plants with experimental thale cress that had altered forms of these other interesting genes.
- The annual thale cress, Arabidopsis thaliana, has a complete life cycle of about 6-8 weeks.
- Most of the recent experiments that have led to an understanding of how plants use light at those molecular levels were performed on Arabidopsis thaliana, the thale cress.
late 18th century: named after Johann Thal (1542–83), German physician.
Definición de thale cress en:
- Inglés británico e internacional dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan