The property of some materials that have accumulated energy over a long period of becoming luminescent when pretreated and subjected to high temperatures, used as a means of dating ancient ceramics and other artifacts.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Many minerals heated at hundreds of degrees emit luminescence, so that thermoluminescence has been used initially in geology, archeological dating and radiation dosimetry.
- The thermoluminescence does not manifest itself until a temperature of 932°F is reached.
- To determine the time since the object was last fired, a sample of around 30 mg is removed and heated to 500°C, which releases the stored energy in the form of light - this is thermoluminescence.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- I changed the wick and coated it with thermoluminescent salts which glow when they get hot.
- A still further object of the present invention is to provide various uses for thermoluminescent material.
- External radiation exposure rates were measured at locations on and off the Hanford Site using thermoluminescent dosimeters (TLDs).
Definición de thermoluminescence en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda