The turning or bending of a plant or other organism in response to a directional source of heat.
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Whether thermotropism would explain the observed relative preference of this parasite for chickens, which have a slightly higher body temperature than guinea pigs, remains to be determined.
- It appears to be a case of thermotropism, where the flower buds sense the cold downdraft of a thunderstorm and constrict before the drowning rain arrives.
- It is proposed that these and related mechanosensitive channels may participate in a variety of responses to temperature, including thermotropism, hydrotropism, and both cold damage and cold acclimation.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- As noted above, the thermotropic phase behavior of these lipids changes after the low-temperature incubation protocol is applied.
- Differential scanning calorimetry was utilized to assess the impact of the fluorescent probes on the thermotropic phase behavior of the studied lipid membranes.
- Our data also show that the thermotropic phase behavior of these lipid dispersions changes after prolonged periods of low-temperature incubation.
Pronunciación: /ˌTHərməˈtrōpik, -ˈträpik/adjetivo
Definición de thermotropism en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional