- Any of a class of molecules containing a ring of one nitrogen, one sulfur, and four carbon atoms, used in dyes and more recently in sedatives.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Toluidine blue is a basic dye of the thiazine series closely related to methylene blue.
- These novel thiazines have an excellent capacity for protecting technical materials from being infected by micro-organisms.
- It appears from this study, comparing oxygen radical yields of these substances with those of the photosensitizing dyes in the classes including the xanthenes, acridines, thiazines, and phenazines, that these dyes may be even more potent producers of these highly toxic radicals.
late 19th century: from thio- + azine.
Más definiciones de thiazineDefinición de thiazine en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional