Definición de thickener en inglés:
1A substance added to a liquid to make it firmer, especially in cooking.
- The most familiar use of starch is as a thickener for cooking sauces, as in cornflour, or perhaps as a substance for stiffening shirt collars.
- Wheat flour used as a starch thickener needs relatively long cooking to remove its raw taste; and even after cooking it has a noticeable flavour.
- This is a synthetic substance used as a thickener and to encourage lather.
1.1 Chemistry An apparatus for the sedimentation of solids from suspension in a liquid.
- For instance, a town of 7,000 might have a sewage plant containing four pumps, sludge thickeners, and a chlorinator.
- We're usually talking here about huge buildings stuffed full of crushers, agitators, thickeners, ball mills, conveyors and other vital equipment.
Definición de thickener en:
- Inglés británico e internacional dictionary