(also thyrotropin-releasing factor)
- A hormone secreted by the hypothalamus that stimulates release of thyrotropin.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Secretion of TSH (also called thyrotropin), the final member of the glycoprotein hormone family, is stimulated by thyrotropin-releasing hormone, TRH from the hypothalamus.
- In patients with primary hypothyroidism, there is increased production of thyrotropin-releasing hormone, which may stimulate prolactin release.
- Suckling, stress, dehydration, exercise, sexual intercourse and sleep increase the basal secretion rate from the pituitary gland, as do estrogen, thyrotropin-releasing hormone and possibly serotonin.
Más definiciones de thyrotropin-releasing hormoneDefinición de thyrotropin-releasing hormone en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional