1A habitual spasmodic contraction of the muscles, most often in the face.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- In contrast, complex motor tics usually involve more muscle groups.
- Others discovered that after months or years of treatment they developed uncontrollable muscle twitches or tics that were often irreversible, even after stopping the drugs.
- Other children get stomach aches, headaches, heart palpitations or muscle tics.
1.1An idiosyncratic and habitual feature of a person’s behavior: I began with the kind of generalization that was one of my primary tics as a writer
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- As I watched, he started to display another characteristic tic - smiling and giving her a lazy wink.
- The actor's tics and idiosyncrasies are in full flower here.
- But what of other sports stars and their sporting tics, traits and peculiarities?
Early 19th century: from French, from Italian ticchio.
Palabras que riman con ticartic, brick, chick, click, crick, flick, hand-pick, hic, hick, kick, lick, mick, miskick, nick, pic, pick, quick, rick, shtick, sic, sick, slick, snick, stick, thick, tick, trick, Vic, wick
For editors and proofreaders
División en sílabas: tic
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda