A fast-running predatory beetle that has spotted or striped wing cases and flies in sunshine. The larvae live in tunnels from which they snatch passing insect prey.
- Family Cicindelidae: Cicindela and other genera
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The Ohlone tiger beetle, an insect that exists only in Santa Cruz County, California, received final protection as an endangered species on October 3.
- As an adult, the tiger beetle is one of the top insect predators on the beach.
- This tiger beetle, a common element of the forest fauna, is one of the largest in Trinidad.
Definición de tiger beetle en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional