Definición de timbale en inglés:
1A dish of finely minced meat or fish cooked with other ingredients in a pastry shell or in a mold.
- Guests were welcomed with a sparkling wine with a dash of cassis, then on to the more serious matter of the timbale of shrimp, Parma ham and vegetables in tuna sauce, followed by a curry flavoured chicken cream soup, and lemon grass sorbet.
- The first dish that literally made my mouth water was a warm timbale of Arbroath smokies.
- We thought the crab timbale, though delicious, a little on the pricey side for such a dainty entrée but you won't hear me grumbling about the scallops.
2 (timbales) Paired cylindrical drums played with sticks in Latin American dance music.
- There's keyboard, bass guitar, drums, two trumpets, two trombones, timbales, conga and two backing vocals.
- These three main patterns are amplified by turtle shells, claves, timbales, bongos, congas, maracas and tambourines.
- A master of the bongo and timbales, he deftly crafts complex and rousing Latin American anthems infused with a joyous intensity.
French, 'drum' (in sense 1 with reference to the shape of the prepared dish; in sense 2 short for timbales cubains or timbales creoles 'Cuban' or 'creole drums').
Definición de timbale en:
- Inglés británico e internacional dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan