Definición de titter en inglés:
Give a short, half-suppressed laugh; giggle: her stutter caused the children to titter
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- All dressed in lovely spring gowns, the young women giggled and tittered, no better than my twelve-year-old sister.
- Call me a cynic, but I tittered when I heard a rumour that a high street bank considering sponsoring student comedy shows.
- His daughter tittered behind her slim, white hand.
sustantivoVolver al principio
A short, half-suppressed laugh.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- While reading, I ranged from smiles to titters to outright belly laughs.
- In a truly democratic fashion, she encouraged comments from the gathering, all the time trying to poke fun at everything, and causing titters, chuckles and guffaws to break out intermittently.
- One possible reaction was laughter, although a very different laughter to the embarrassed titters of a modern school group when sex-ed comes around.
Early 17th century: imitative.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- It was a rant I had heard before so I paid more attention to the titterers dancing than him.
- I do like to giggle with the gigglers and titterers but moving off is always as much as a pleasure as arriving.
- Sitting at the back of the house, an actress - who dishonestly announces that she is not an actress - chides the titterers for their embarrassment.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- With that she rumbled out of the toilets, but returned thirty seconds later with a friend to peer in at the door and giggle titteringly.
- This would then explain why us bulls find it titteringly funny that you are still waffling on and on and on.
- What's more, his camera crew seemed to find the whole shameful business titteringly funny.
Palabras que riman con titterbitter, committer, critter, embitter, emitter, fitter, flitter, fritter, glitter, gritter, hitter, jitter, knitter, litter, permitter, pitta, quitter, remitter, sitter, skitter, slitter, spitter, splitter, submitter, transmitter, twitter, witter
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en EE. UU.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
Muy popular en Malasia
Muy popular en Pakistán