- A musical composition for a keyboard instrument designed to exhibit the performer’s touch and technique.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Most people will agree that J S Bach composed the greatest keyboard toccatas precisely because he, more than any composer, was master of maximal emotional intensity, countered by acute intellectual lucidity.
- However, it is important to note that this also finds parallels in the keyboard toccatas of a number of North German composers.
- She not only gets the steel and rhythm of the toccatas (and power without pounding), but above all she generates a wealth of color and an inexorable musical line, whether loud or soft.
early 18th century: from Italian, feminine past participle of toccare 'to touch'.
Más definiciones de toccataDefinición de toccata en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional