- 1A loose flowing outer garment worn by the citizens of ancient Rome, made of a single piece of cloth and covering the whole body apart from the right arm.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- In ancient Rome togas were worn when swimming and bathing reached the height of its popularity.
- Antony displayed Caesar's body, still wrapped in its blood-stained toga, the knife holes visible.
- Senators were recognised by a toga with a broad purple stripe, while the equestrian wore a toga with a narrow purple stripe and a gold finger ring.
Latin; related to tegere 'to cover'.
Más definiciones de togaDefinición de toga en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional