verbo (tonifies, tonifying, tonified)[with object]
1Impart tone to (the body or a part of it).
1.1(Of acupuncture or herbal medicine) increase the available energy of (an organ, part, or system of the body).
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Finally, legumes are an important source of valuable phytochemicals such as saponins, which tonify the immune system and inhibit the DNA synthesis of cancer cells.
- These foods are nutritionally dense and tonify all bodily tissues.
- A substance used in Chinese medicine that tonifies the blood and is of specific benefit to the nails is gelatin.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- In many cases, the patients are instructed to continue herbal therapy at a much lower dose in pill form for long-term tonification.
- For some people who only need slight tonification, they can take the regular powdered dosage of 1-2 grams every third, fifth or seventh day.
- Eventually the constant mild nourishing tonification, combined with strict avoidance of coffee and alcohol, perhaps will begin to soften the hardened cells.
For editors and proofreaders
División en sílabas: ton·i·fy
Definición de tonify en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda