sustantivo (plural topis also topees)chiefly Indian
- A hat, especially a sola topi.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Donaldson, wearing a topee, a black T-shirt and a pair of three quarter pants, together with Murray and James, stood calmly before John as she read the charges against them.
- Slightly apart stand a line of khaki-clad men, ancients with grizzled beards and yellow, rheumy eyes, dressed in tattered uniforms and battered solar topis.
- All his work in recruiting locals who still sport solar topees and spill their first G & T of the day in a loyal toast to the Queen Empress will unravel.
from Hindi ṭopī 'hat'.
sustantivo (plural igual or topis)
- A large African antelope related to the hartebeests, with a pattern of bold black patches on a reddish coat, and thick ridged horns.
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Damaliscus lunatus, family Bovidae, in particular the race D. l. topi of East Africa. Compare with sassaby
- Across the open grasslands are scattered various members of the antelope family - horned bushbucks, waterbucks, eland, topi, gazelle and impala.
- Add up all the lions, elephants, warthogs, giraffes, gazelles, zebras, impalas, topis and hyenas that live on these plains and they fail to outnumber the gnus.
- For the six grazing species with precocial young (wildebeest, topi, kongoni, warthog, buffalo, zebra), Fig 3. shows the frequency distribution of births.
late 19th century: from Mende.