The study of place names.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- I am certain I'm not the only lover of words and etymology around here (oh and toponymy, too!)
- The mapping authenticated indigenous toponymy in Darien.
- The methods employed in this project are easy to use, making them helpful to local communities involved in toponymy and other mapping projects.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- Here's hoping that his misrendering of toponymic shibboleths is the worst damage they suffer.
- In the main variant, the legend relies both on the sniggeringly received news of the defeat of the father's expectation and on the mangling of the English language - a grammatically incorrect sentence with toponymic consequences.
- Another excellent example of toponymic work is the Gazetteer of Inuit Place Names in Nunavik, undertaken with the cooperation of the Inuit elders of Nunavik and the Avataq Cultural Institute.
Late 19th century: from Greek topos 'place' + onuma 'name'.
Definición de toponymy en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda