A low-growing Eurasian plant with bright yellow flowers. The root is used in herbal medicine to treat diarrhea.
- Potentilla erecta, family Rosaceae
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- On the ground, patches of yellow tormentil, blue-purple and red-magenta milkwort were growing at regular intervals, with small heath, small copper, green hairstreak and other butterfly species putting in the occasional appearance.
- The grassland areas are grazed by a mixture of cattle and Jacob's sheep, and are sprinkled with wild flowers including devil's-bit scabious, oxeye daisy, bird's-foot-trefoil, harebell and tormentil.
- It sings from the bumblebee slash on a motorway truck, wild flowers massed on grass: celandine, lady's slipper, tormentil, tiny warriors pitting themselves against air fogged with chemicals…
late Middle English: from French tormentille, from medieval Latin tormentilla, of unknown origin.
Definición de tormentil en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional