- A condition in which the head becomes persistently turned to one side, often associated with painful muscle spasms. Also called wryneck.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Risk factors associated with positional head deformity are premature birth, hypotonic muscle disorders, congenital torticollis, and intrauterine constraint (such as in multiple gestation or oligohydramnios).
- In the head and neck region, myofascial pain syndrome with trigger points can manifest as tension headache, tinnitus, temporomandibular joint pain, eye symptoms, and torticollis.
- Patients receiving injections into the neck muscles for torticollis may therefore develop dysphagia because of diffusion of the toxin into the oropharynx.
early 19th century: modern Latin, from Latin tortus 'crooked, twisted' + collum 'neck'.
Más definiciones de torticollisDefinición de torticollis en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional