- 1(In Mexican cooking) a thin, flat pancake of cornmeal or flour, eaten hot or cold, typically with a savory filling.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Cornmeal is patted into a thin pancake called a tortilla.
- Later, Sahagún tells us, they feasted agreeably on ‘white tortillas, grains of maize, turkey eggs, turkeys, and all kinds of fruit’.
- The warm tortillas were thin and tender, crisp outside and yielding inside, with the rich sweetness of flour bound with salt and fat.
- 1.1(In Spanish cooking) a thick omelet containing potato and other vegetables, typically served cut into wedges.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Among our tapas selections, the Spanish tortilla had none of the eggy allure this traditional potato omelet can exhibit.
- It is always served buffet style as a selection of culinary delights such as olives, fish or tortilla which the Spanish pick and choose from.
- The Spanish tortilla, La Tasca style, is an omelette of mashed potatoes and onion, mildly seasoned.
Spanish, diminutive of torta 'cake'. Compare with torte.
Más definiciones de tortillaDefinición de tortilla en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional