(also tortrix moth)
Definición de tortrix en inglés:
sustantivo (plural tortrices /-trisēz/)
A small moth with typically green caterpillars that live inside rolled leaves and can be a serious pest of fruit and other trees.
- Family Tortricidae: many species
- MLEs were detected in the summer fruit tortrix Adoxophyes orana fasciata and the tea tortrix Homona magnanima, but no MLEs were detected in the parasitoid wasp Ascogaster quadridentata.
- Sugar pine tortrix larva with ivory colored spots, easily confused with western spruce budworm.
- The natural enemies can play an essential role in the regulation of the tortrix moths population dynamics.
- Example sentences
- This complex of pest species includes tortricid leafrollers, noctuid fruitworms and cutworms, and gracillarid leafminers.
- Among the species responsible for such early spring herbivory were 6 species of tortricid leaf-roller caterpillars, primarily Clepsis melaleucana, and a European slug, Arion subfuscus (Draparnaud).
- Our studies have demonstrated it is possible to simultaneously disrupt pheromone communication and mating in sympatric tortricid moths by releasing an incomplete mixture of their individual pheromone components.
Pronunciación: /-trisid/sustantivo& adjetivo
Definición de tortrix en:
- Inglés británico e internacional dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan