Definición de tough love en inglés:
1Promotion of a person’s welfare, especially that of an addict, child, or criminal, by enforcing certain constraints on them, or requiring them to take responsibility for their actions.
- As so often happens, it requires tough love - an intense two-week regimen called constraint-induced movement therapy.
- Thus, we either let down our minority officers by failing to administer tough love or we retreat into the safety of formal processes.
- I nearly called the firm Reality Life, because some of what we will be doing is tough love: getting people to think about what they have to do so they can make earlier and better choices.
1.1North American A political policy designed to encourage self-help by restricting state benefits.
- So, Allen asks, Taft is recommending tough love?
- In the conservative world view, this is just tough love.
- And indeed, when tough love means, temporarily, more starving babies, it's hard to get enthusiastic.
Definición de tough love en:
- Inglés británico e internacional dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan