1A person who is tough, determined, and not easily daunted.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- When the going gets tough, you toughies really do get up - so make the extra effort this week to help others not fortunate enough to have been born Capricorns with some of your true grit, fortitude and soul support.
- The toughies she encountered during her teaching career knew exactly where they stood with her and respected her for it.
- College students are held in low esteem, thanks to commercial movies that regularly feature youth as toughies amid free-flowing booze, drugs, and gals.
2A difficult problem or question: Whom do you admire most? That’s a toughie
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- But some students cracked real toughies, too, without batting an eyelid.
- That's a toughie, because there's no way to get around it - if they're fat-free, the cookies aren't so great, and you end up eating more.
- That's a toughie, because they sometimes want detail.
Palabras que riman con toughiefluffy, huffy, puffy, roughie, roughy, scruffy, snuffy, stuffy
For editors and proofreaders
División en sílabas: tough·ie
Definición de toughie en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda