Definición de toughie en inglés:
1A person who is tough, determined, and not easily daunted.
- When the going gets tough, you toughies really do get up - so make the extra effort this week to help others not fortunate enough to have been born Capricorns with some of your true grit, fortitude and soul support.
- The toughies she encountered during her teaching career knew exactly where they stood with her and respected her for it.
- College students are held in low esteem, thanks to commercial movies that regularly feature youth as toughies amid free-flowing booze, drugs, and gals.
2A difficult problem or question: Whom do you admire most? That’s a toughie
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- But some students cracked real toughies, too, without batting an eyelid.
- That's a toughie, because there's no way to get around it - if they're fat-free, the cookies aren't so great, and you end up eating more.
- That's a toughie, because they sometimes want detail.
Definición de toughie en:
- Inglés británico e internacional dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan