- A North American songbird of the bunting family, typically with brownish plumage but sometimes black and rufous.
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Genus Pipilo (and Chlorurus), family Emberizidae (subfamily Emberizinae): several species
- I can hear the songs of migrating birds: phoebes, white-throated sparrows, towhees, catbirds, chipping sparrows.
- Not only is the Cape flush with cardinals, towhees, mockingbirds, catbirds, goldfinches and woodpeckers, its birds of the shore entice many a visitor here.
- Many birds feed comfortably on a platform, especially the sparrows, juncos, towhees and doves that are referred to as ground feeders.
mid 18th century: imitative of the call of Pipilo erythrophthalmus.
Más definiciones de towheeDefinición de towhee en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional