- A type of water-conducting cell in the xylem that lacks perforations in the cell wall.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Lignins occur in great quantity in the secondary cell walls of fibres, xylem vessels and tracheids.
- Tissues external to the xylem were removed because of the presence of large resin ducts which could release materials that would obstruct water flow through the xylem tracheids.
- Vessel elements, tracheids, fibres, sieve tube elements, sieve cells, and parenchyma cells are the major components of vascular tissue.
late 19th century: from German Tracheïde, from medieval Latin trachea (see trachea).
Más definiciones de tracheidDefinición de tracheid en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional