- 1A powerful motor vehicle with large rear wheels, used chiefly on farms for hauling equipment and trailers.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Farther north, a farm wife drives a tractor pulling a flat rack.
- One day he remembered starting the old diesel tractor on the farm inside a metal shed.
- Farm tractors are used to move organic and phosphate wastes onto the dykes.
- 1.1A short truck consisting of the driver’s cab, designed to pull a large trailer.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Processors are using the same refrigeration technology whether they employ trailers pulled behind tractors or full-capacity trucks, he adds.
- Two large tractor units pulling trailers are understood to have collided on flat, open sands, four miles off the coast with no other vehicles in the immediate area.
- Trucks or tractors with trailers transporting fruit, vegetables or grain from the farm to the packhouse or silo do not need to individually register with the department.
late 18th century (in the general sense 'someone or something that pulls'): from Latin, from tract- 'pulled', from the verb trahere.
Más definiciones de tractorDefinición de tractor en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional