sustantivo (plural tractrices /ˌtrakˈtrīsēz, ˈtraktrəˌsēz/)Geometry
- 1A curve whose tangents all intercept the x-axis at the same distance from the point of contact, being the involute of a catenary.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Among the properties of the tractrix are the fact that the length of a tangent from its point of contact to an asymptote is constant.
- 1.1One of a class of curves similarly traced by one end of a rigid rod, whose other end moves along a fixed line or curve.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The tractrix is sometimes called a tractory or equitangential curve.
- The concrete realisation uses the pseudosphere, a surface generated by the revolution of a tractrix about its asymptote.
- The model was obtained on the surface of revolution of a tractrix about its asymptote.
early 18th century: modern Latin, feminine of late Latin tractor 'that which pulls' (see tractor).
Más definiciones de tractrixDefinición de tractrix en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional