- 1Existing in or as part of a tradition; long-established: the traditional festivities of the church yearMás ejemplos en oraciones
- The Spanish Pyrenees with their imposing peaks and delightful valleys are rich in traditional values and folklore.
- The new service would not replace the more traditional existing service which would continue to be held on Sundays, he stressed.
- Always commanding only a tiny military force of Europeans, he depended on negotiations with and use of existing traditional power structures.
- 1.1Produced, done, or used in accordance with tradition: a traditional fish soupMás ejemplos en oraciones
- It is a long way from his other business interests, which include a chain of traditional fish and chip shops, catering contracts and event organisation.
- For many, a visit to Whitby would not be the same without sitting down at one of the check-clothed tables to sample a traditional meal of fish and chips.
- Thai-style baked salmon accompanied by fragrant papaya salad is followed by a mouthwatering traditional Nonya Ikan fish curry.
- 1.2Habitually done, used, or found: the traditional drinks in the clubhouseMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Now pubs stock a wide range of soft drinks varying from the traditional fizzy drinks to exotic fruit juices like cranberry, mango and passion-fruit.
- Major attractions of the mela were the traditional drinks like khus, gulab and badam sherbet, milk shakes and thandai.
- Easter is a traditional time for eating fish and in our part of the country it seems to be the crossover time from the summer to winter species.
- 1.3(Of a person or group) adhering to tradition, or to a particular tradition: traditional ElgariansMás ejemplos en oraciones
- This traditional group of people no longer seems to provoke the interest of the Bulgarian people.
- The traditional teacher has a careful belief that it is better to start with what is easier and work towards what is more difficult.
- Superficially these seem disconnected and doubtless traditional politicians and focus groups are puzzling over the underlying trends.
- 1.4(Of jazz) in the style of the early 20th century.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- As he has matured he has become more drawn towards traditional jazz and the way in which young New Orleanians have used it.
- Jazz fans throughout the world are aware of the very significant role he has played in the traditional jazz scene.
- The group seem to be moving further away from traditional jazz solos into a more integrated instrumental sound.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Scots were traditionally among the most historically conscious people on earth.
- This, at least, is how medical historians traditionally understand these events.
- Italy traditionally has had some of the highest voting figures in general elections in Europe.