- An unsaturated fatty acid of a type occurring in margarines and manufactured cooking oils as a result of the hydrogenation process, having a trans arrangement of the carbon atoms adjacent to its double bonds. Consumption of such acids is thought to increase the risk of atherosclerosis.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Similar to saturated fatty acids, trans-fatty acids increase low-density lipoprotein cholesterol and lower the high-density counterpart, therefore increasing the risk of heart disease.
- The data suggests that patients who replace two percent of the energy from trans-fatty acids with polyunsaturated fatty acids could decrease the risk for type 2 diabetes by as much as 40 percent.
- Due to its natural semi-solid consistency, palm oil does not need to go through the hydrogenation process which creates trans-fatty acids.
Más definiciones de trans-fatty acidDefinición de trans-fatty acid en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional