Definición de transect en inglés:
Pronunciación: /ˈtransekt/[with object]
Cut across or make a transverse section in.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- A spokesman said: ‘A completely transected artery quickly seals itself off - one simply cannot die from losing only about a pint of blood.’
- The muscle is transected from its insertion to the humerus so that the only remaining attachment is the nerve and blood vessels.
- The, surgeon placed a 30-mm vascular stapler across the neck of the diverticulum and secured and transected the diverticulum.
Pronunciación: /ˈtransekt/Volver al principio
A straight line or narrow section through an object or natural feature or across the earth’s surface, along which observations are made or measurements taken.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Fifteen sets of nested plots were located at about 15 meter intervals along line transects perpendicular to the slope within the study areas.
- The survey was flown along the same transect lines used during the 1985 and 1993 surveys.
- The recording tape recorder was placed at 1, 5, 20, 40, 60, 80, and 100 m along the transect line.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- Complete transection causes the artery to quickly retract and close down, and this promotes clotting of the blood.
- Recent research would indicate that tears of this nature, i.e. transections, are not expected to heal together unless there is surgical repair.
- This allows the level of transection to be identified, along with other features, based on knowledge of the spinal segmental motor nerve supply to the individual muscles.
Palabras que riman con transectaffect, bisect, bull-necked, collect, confect, connect, correct, defect, deflect, deject, detect, direct, effect, eject, elect, erect, expect, infect, inflect, inject, inspect, interconnect, interject, intersect, misdirect, neglect, object, perfect, project, prospect, protect, reflect, reject, respect, resurrect, sect, select, subject, suspect, unchecked, Utrecht
Definición de transect en:
- Diccionario Inglés británico e internacional
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda