1Relating to or characteristic of a process or period of transition: a transitional government was appointed
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- A year into the job and still stuck in what he terms a transitional period, he is hamstrung by the need to offload several players before he can add to the squad.
- The Government has put up cash for a two-year transitional period which will be overseen by the Forestry Commission.
- The transitional period, as one regime merges awkwardly into another, has not been without its impact on the players.
1.1 (Transitional) Architecture Of or denoting the last stage of Romanesque style, in which Gothic elements begin to appear.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- The new cathedral incorporated the transitional Gothic facade and the south tower, both survivors of the fire.
- The Gothic stylistic elements that mark it as a transitional structure can best be seen in the chancel and the ambulatory with its famous stained-glass windows.
- On top of the hill four sharp spires rise from the Transitional Gothic cathedral.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- As coccolith content increases the calcareous mudstone passes transitionally to a coccolith limestone.
- It's better to transitionally regulate Muslim schools in the state sector than have private faith schools over which there is no state control and supervision.
- If anything, I carry my atheism more happily for having arrived at it by a transitionally religious route.
For editors and proofreaders
División en sílabas: tran·si·tion·al
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda