1 (also flying trapeze) A horizontal bar hanging by two ropes (usually high in the air) and free to swing, used by acrobats in a circus.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Henthorn, a Chicagoan, got hooked on the trapeze after seeing a circus show.
- At first, she can't even swing on the trapeze; she merely hangs, then falls to the net.
- Nobody had ever made theatre look like it, let alone Shakespeare - on a bare white stage with trapezes and ropes.
2 Sailing A harness attached by a cable to a dinghy’s mast, enabling a sailor to balance the boat by leaning backward out over the windward side.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- The dinghy has three sails and a trapeze, which allows Katherine to lean out of the boat on a wire to counteract the force of the sails and keep the boat upright.
- He introduced innovations in standing and running rigging, sail setting, hydrofoil under-water gear, remotely controlled pumps, self-draining devices, controllable, flexible rigs, trapezes and out-board hung rudders.
- In the comfort of their trapezes and trampolines, the multihull sailors had an easier time than the courageous Laser sailors, who were constantly adjusting sails, gear and centerboards to the gusts of wind and choppy waters.
Palabras que riman con trapezeAchinese, Ambonese, appease, Assamese, Balinese, Belize, Beninese, Bernese, bêtise, Bhutanese, breeze, Burmese, Cantonese, Castries, cerise, cheese, chemise, Chinese, Cingalese, Cleese, Congolese, Denise, Dodecanese, ease, éminence grise, expertise, Faroese, freeze, Fries, frieze, Gabonese, Genoese, Goanese, Guyanese, he's, Japanese, Javanese, jeez, journalese, Kanarese, Keys, Lebanese, lees, legalese, Louise, Macanese, Madurese, Maltese, marquise, Milanese, Nepalese, officialese, overseas, pease, Pekinese, Peloponnese, Piedmontese, please, Portuguese, Pyrenees, reprise, Rwandese, seise, seize, Senegalese, she's, Siamese, Sienese, Sikkimese, Sinhalese, sleaze, sneeze, squeeze, Stockton-on-Tees, Sudanese, Sundanese, Surinamese, Tabriz, Taiwanese, tease, Tees, telegraphese, these, Timorese, Togolese, valise, Viennese, Vietnamese, vocalese, wheeze
For editors and proofreaders
División en sílabas: tra·peze
Definición de trapeze en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda