Definición de traumatic en inglés:
1Emotionally disturbing or distressing: she was going through a traumatic divorce
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- It was a traumatic episode with a distressing cliffhanger.
- It was a deeply traumatic experience anticipating a police dog going berserk in the enclosed space that is Streatham Hill ticket office.
- His lack of health was incredibly disturbing and traumatic for all of us, especially a young boy who idolised him.
1.1Relating to or causing psychological trauma.
- Psychological reactions to traumatic events also affect sexual functioning.
- Since the traumatic incident was, by definition, unpleasant, its repetition appeared to contravene the pleasure principle.
- In addition, amnesia for traumatic events may occur in rare cases.
1.2 Medicine Relating to or denoting physical injury.
- Researchers know that one common thread in a body's reaction to a traumatic injury is inflammation.
- All pregnant women with traumatic injury should be assessed formally in a medical setting.
- This is the cause of chronic swelling that sometimes occurs after surgery or a traumatic injury to a limb.
- Example sentences
- And I can't overlook how high-end consumption promises to do exactly what critics of the stuff have always yearned for, namely, to bring us together, often traumatically.
- Since he had only recently, and traumatically, been released on to the dating market, I couldn't give this delusion the duffing up it deserved; but honestly, cooking alone does not earn brownie points from a woman.
- He, too, traumatically abandons the young man.
Words that rhyme with traumaticachromatic, acrobatic, Adriatic, aerobatic, anagrammatic, aquatic, aristocratic, aromatic, Asiatic, asthmatic, athematic, attic, autocratic, automatic, axiomatic, bureaucratic, charismatic, chromatic, cinematic, climatic, dalmatic, democratic, diagrammatic, diaphragmatic, diplomatic, dogmatic, dramatic, ecstatic, emblematic, emphatic, enigmatic, epigrammatic, erratic, fanatic, hepatic, hieratic, hydrostatic, hypostatic, idiomatic, idiosyncratic, isochromatic, lymphatic, melodramatic, meritocratic, miasmatic, monochromatic, monocratic, monogrammatic, numismatic, operatic, panchromatic, pancreatic, paradigmatic, phlegmatic, photostatic, piratic, plutocratic, pneumatic, polychromatic, pragmatic, prelatic, prismatic, problematic, programmatic, psychosomatic, quadratic, rheumatic, schematic, schismatic, sciatic, semi-automatic, Socratic, somatic, static, stigmatic, sub-aquatic, sylvatic, symptomatic, systematic, technocratic, thematic, theocratic, thermostatic
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan