- 1A lever worked by the foot that imparts motion to a machine.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- She had a treadle sewing machine and mended everything.
- My mother wasn't good at sewing but she had a treadle sewing machine and patched and patched.
- Franklin's glass armonica, which rests in a mahogany veneered case on cabriole legs and pad feet, was probably originally fitted with a foot treadle to rotate the axle on which the color-coded glass bowls were mounted.
verbo[with object] Volver al principio
Old English tredel 'stair, step' (see tread).
Más definiciones de treadleDefinición de treadle en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional