1Valuables of unknown ownership that are found hidden, in some cases declared the property of the finder.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- If it is, it may be declared treasure trove and become the property of the Crown - but at least you'd be compensated.
- I just take them to Colonel March, the coroner, tell him where I found them and he rules they're lost property, not treasure trove, and gives them back to me.
- Last month a stunning 13th century gold stirrup ring, set with a sapphire, that he uncovered at a different site near the town, was declared treasure trove at an inquest at Chippenham Magistrates Court.
1.1A hidden store of valuable or delightful things: your book is a treasure trove of unspeakable delights
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Down the steps here into a treasure trove of stores selling gifts, leather goods, fun jewelry, men's and women's accessories, ties, belts and shoes.
- The present book breaks new ground, unearthing a treasure trove of visual delights as well as a profusion of new information.
- The painstaking effort, neatly tied with pink ribbon, with its affectionate dedication to her parents in red crayon on the cover, is preserved in the Royal Library, a treasure trove of books and manuscripts housed in Windsor Castle.
Late Middle English: from Anglo-Norman French tresor trové, literally 'found treasure'.
Definición de treasure trove en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda