sustantivoNorth American & Australian/New Zealand
1A bet in which the person betting forecasts the first three finishers in a race in the correct order.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Too often, exactas, trifectas, and superfectas are influenced by jockeys who can't win the race and decide to stop riding in the final few strides.
- Vertical and horizontal wagers such as trifectas, superfectas, pick threes, and pick fours should be in $1 pay-offs.
- Professionals don't completely eschew the standard win and place bet, but their focus is overwhelmingly on the exotic bets, especially trifectas.
1.1 [in singular] A run of three wins or grand events: today is a trifecta of birthdays
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- And that should make the Pats' pursuit of the ultimate trifecta - three straight Super Bowl victories - one of pro football's best story lines ever this coming season.
- I don't think anyone predicted a Greece-Germany-France trifecta.
- The Sixers grabbed the lead for the first time just seconds earlier on a rare trifecta by a wide-open Eric Snow.
For editors and proofreaders
División en sílabas: tri·fect·a
Definición de trifecta en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda