- 1 (usually triplets) One of three children or animals born at the same birth.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- In fact, triplets born to older mothers were actually less likely to experience poor birth outcomes than were triplets born to younger mothers.
- Six years before I was born, my mother gave birth to triplets: Felicity, Everett and Dillon.
- Nearly 10,000 multiple births were recorded last year in the UK, and one in 35 children is now born as a twin, while triplet births have quadrupled in many countries.
- 2A set or succession of three similar things.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The reason why a triplet or quad of Aces is worth so few points is because they can be very easy to get.
- It constitutes a triplet, the first number representing the position, the second the wavelength and the third the transmission.
- DNA, RNA, and protein triplets or pairs were united on the basis of a high degree of similarity as detected by the appropriate blast algorithm or on the basis of annotation.
- 2.1 Music A group of three equal notes to be performed in the time of two or four.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- In addition to quarters, eighths and sixteenth notes, triplets and dotted rhythms are used tastefully and add variety.
- Voicing in many pieces is made more advanced by placing the melody in the same hand as many moving sixteenth notes or triplets.
- The arrows indicate the beginning of the grace note figure and the placement of each note in the triplet figure for the left hand.
- 2.2A set of three rhyming lines of verse.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- That's to say, his poems build displacement into their structures: they move forward in discrete couplet and triplet units, they offer small bright pleasures and ask us to pass on quickly.
- The verses of the Irish chapbooks are all in couplets but, in using the ‘liberty’ line, a pair of couplets is transformed into a triplet plus an isolated line.
- Fifty-two of these triplets would be published in 1977 as Finding Losses.
- 3 Physics & Chemistry An atomic or molecular state characterized by two unpaired electrons with parallel spins.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The relatively stable ground state of oxygen is a triplet state with two unpaired electrons with the same spin quantum number, each located in different antibonding orbitals.
- Such fields, however, do not wreck triplet superconductivity because the spins of both electrons may point in the same direction as the field.
- A new reaction of this dye, whereby its excited triplet state oxidizes suitable electron donors, is now reported.
- 3.1A group of three associated lines close together in a spectrum or electrophoretic gel.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- One central residue and its two selected supporting residues (one on each side) are together called a residue triplet.
- The analysis wavelength was 470 nm, near the maximum of the triplet difference spectra.
- The triplet and the quartet lines are clearly distinguished at the different spatial positions.
mid 17th century: from triple, on the pattern of doublet.
Más definiciones de tripletDefinición de triplet en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional