A layer of tissue on the outside of a mammalian blastula, supplying the embryo with nourishment and later forming the major part of the placenta.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- The trophoblast eventually forms the placenta, through which the embryo proper receives dissolved nutrients and is cleansed of waste.
- When the developing, fertilized egg at the ‘blastocyst’ stage becomes implanted in the lining of the uterus, it develops ‘villi’ - fine, frond-like cellular projections from its outermost layer, the trophoblast.
- The placenta derives from embryonic cells called trophoblasts, which form a ball around the cells that ultimately develop into the fetus.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- Multiple gestation, gestational trophoblastic disease, triploidy, trisomy 21 syndrome, and hydrops fetalis have been associated with an increased incidence of hyperemesis gravidarum.
- Nevertheless, one version of this suggestion, the ovarian time bomb hypothesis, explicitly envisages an individual-level cost of parthenogenesis, namely ovarian trophoblastic disease.
- The vascular endothelium was destroyed by villous proliferation and trophoblastic invasion in this vessel.
Definición de trophoblast en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda