Definición de trowel en inglés:
1A small handheld tool with a flat, pointed blade, used to apply and spread mortar or plaster.
- Remove the bricks and use a pointed trowel to apply mortar to the concrete base, but do not go beyond the chalk lines.
- Using a trowel, apply plaster over the hole covering the patch and filling the entire hole.
- Using your chalk line as a guide, spread the mortar with a notched trowel over a 2x5-foot section of the floor.
2A small handheld tool with a curved scoop for lifting plants or earth.
- To help you determine planting depths and plant spacing, garden trowels often come with measurements right on the metal.
- Probably one of the most-used small tools is the trowel, which is ideal for digging small holes for planting and transplanting annuals, vegetables and other smaller plants.
- Chris sighed and kept on digging his trowel into the earth.
verbo (trowels, troweling, troweled ; British trowels, trowelling, trowelled)[with object] Volver al principio
Apply or spread with or as if with a trowel.
- First, a scratch coat is troweled onto the lath; the plaster oozes through the lath and grips the backing when it hardens.
- When troweling it on, push and move the material, creating varying textures.
- Final troweling operations are completed with riding trowels.
Definición de trowel en:
- Inglés británico e internacional dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan