- 1An individual person or member of a board given control or powers of administration of property in trust with a legal obligation to administer it solely for the purposes specified.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Lawyers and trustees have statutory and other legal obligations but are still fiduciaries.
- This is certain to give the new board of trustees a legal edge over its competitors.
- All three schemes were regulated by trust deeds or rules which conferred on the trustees wide powers of investment.
- 1.1A state made responsible for the government of a trust territory by the United Nations.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- They inherited Papua from Britain in 1906 and took New Guinea from Germany in World War I, administering it in recent years as a U.N. trustee.
- Cameroon was originally a UN Trustee Territory administered by France and the UK prior to its independence in 1960.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- ‘But at least it would be possible to fundraise for its maintenance if it were held in trusteeship for the people,’ she said.
- We hope that the sentence will stand as a stark warning to anyone considering abusing the special responsibilities of charity trusteeship.
- The responsibilities are arduous and trusteeship is a high-risk position which, if not conducted competently, can carry four-figure fines or even a prison sentence.