- A sterile protein extract from cultures of tubercle bacillus, used in a test by hypodermic injection for infection with or immunity to tuberculosis, and also formerly in the treatment of the disease.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Tuberculin skin testing with tuberculin purified protein derivative is used to screen persons for latent tuberculosis infection.
- Sputum culture and smears, tuberculin testing, and radiography are all essentially 19th century inventions.
- All pregnant patients with HIV infection should also undergo tuberculin skin testing as part of their routine prenatal care.
Más definiciones de tuberculinDefinición de tuberculin en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional