Definición de tuco-tuco en inglés:
sustantivo (plural tuco-tucos)
A burrowing ratlike rodent native to South America.
- Family Ctenomyidae and genus Ctenomys: numerous species
- The name ‘tuco-tuco’ comes from alarm calls in response to danger; other calls are also known in the more social species.
- This long-term line of research focuses on tuco-tucos as a model for the study of diversification.
- The one known exception is the social tuco-tuco, found in Argentina, which lives in colonies.
mid 19th century: imitative of the call of some species.
Definición de tuco-tuco en:
- Inglés británico e internacional dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan