Definición de tug en inglés:
verbo (tugs, tugging, tugged)[with object]
Pull (something) hard or suddenly: she tugged off her boots [no object]: he tugged at Tom’s coat sleeve
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- It stuck like glue and no matter how hard he tugged it, it just wouldn't budge.
- He murmured, gently tugging my arm and pulling me into his lap.
- Slowly and steadily I reel it in, remembering Glyn's advice not to tug the hook too suddenly.
sustantivoVolver al principio
1A hard or sudden pull: another tug and it came loose figurative an overwhelming tug of attraction
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- I took the edge of the blanket and gave it a hard tug pulling the whole thing off the bed.
- He began drawing a detailed picture of an angel when a sudden tug on his shoulders nearly made him fall off the bench.
- About 5 minutes later I felt a hard tug, and started reeling in the fish.
2 short for tugboat.
- The bridge swings open so massive cruise ships and small tugboats can enter the harbor.
- Many parked their cars along River Road and either set up chairs or stood and watched as a tugboat nudged the ship into place.
- ‘The nearest boat to the tugboat was 40 nautical miles away and we managed to be there in about two hours,’ he said.
2.1An aircraft towing a glider.
- By 1960, only seven remained active as target tugs and radar calibration aircraft for the gunnery ranges ashore or the fleet guns.
- There is an open question as to what the legal status of these operations would be after the exemption expires and our towing operations that use heavy tugs move to light-sport aircraft.
- Portability as well as being able to be flown from hang gliding flight parks using hang glider tugs has been the criteria for design.
3A loop from a horse’s saddle that supports a shaft or trace.
- Most folks hang their shafts too low and you need to restrain the tug so it doesn't fly forward and backward as the animal performs maneuvers.
- The tug straps loop through the gullet of the saddle and then buckle back to the collar.
- Example sentences
- But then in 1904 we were in the main forelock tuggers.
- They'll carry your bag, serve you well and even have time for intelligent conversation, but if you seek forelock tuggers, seek elsewhere.
- Usually the darling of the heartstring tugger or a hard-headed military man, it's easy to forget that he can do anything else.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia