A severe infectious bacterial disease of animals transmissible to humans, characterized by ulcers at the site of infection, fever, and loss of weight. Compare with rabbit fever.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Tick-borne diseases in the United States include Rocky Mountain spotted fever, Lyme disease, ehrlichiosis, tularemia, babesiosis, Colorado tick fever, and relapsing fever.
- The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention's Category A agents are those that cause diseases considered to pose the greatest risk to national security: anthrax, smallpox, plague, botulism, tularemia and viral hemorrhagic fevers.
- Other infectious diseases that pose a threat include plague, tularemia, botulism and tuberculosis.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- Martha's Vineyard is the only place in the US to have witnessed two outbreaks of tularemic pneumonic disease.
- To be sure, take all recommended antibiotics for any tularemic infection, but don't neglect to add the vitamin C as previously discussed.
- This resulted in polyclonal activation of the immune system because the antibodies of these mice reacted with 6-12 compounds of the tularaemic antigen.
1920s: modern Latin, from Tulare, the county in California where it was first observed.
Definición de tularemia en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda