1A swelling of a part of the body, generally without inflammation, caused by an abnormal growth of tissue, whether benign or malignant.
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- One of the commonest reasons for undertaking a biopsy is to establish whether a tumour is malignant or benign.
- Both benign and malignant tumors showed ulceration of the overlying mucosa.
- Malignant brain tumors grow and spread into neighboring tissues rapidly.
1.1 archaic A swelling of any kind.
late Middle English: from Latin tumor, from tumere 'to swell'.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Neither ductal nor lobular carcinoma in situ were found in multiple sections of both tumorous and nontumorous breast tissue.
- A 19-year-old man presented with a tumorous swelling of the left 10th rib of approximately 1 year's duration.
- Hamartoma is a tumorous lesion that consists of anomalously arranged tissues that are components of the normal structure of origin.