Definición de tumor en inglés:
1A swelling of a part of the body, generally without inflammation, caused by an abnormal growth of tissue, whether benign or malignant.
- One of the commonest reasons for undertaking a biopsy is to establish whether a tumour is malignant or benign.
- Both benign and malignant tumors showed ulceration of the overlying mucosa.
- Malignant brain tumors grow and spread into neighboring tissues rapidly.
1.1 archaic A swelling of any kind.
late Middle English: from Latin tumor, from tumere 'to swell'.
- Example sentences
- Neither ductal nor lobular carcinoma in situ were found in multiple sections of both tumorous and nontumorous breast tissue.
- A 19-year-old man presented with a tumorous swelling of the left 10th rib of approximately 1 year's duration.
- Hamartoma is a tumorous lesion that consists of anomalously arranged tissues that are components of the normal structure of origin.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia