(also tunny fish)
sustantivo(plural igual or tunnies) chiefly British
- 1A tuna, especially the bluefin.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- During that time he had been the only angler to land a tunny fish by rod and line.
- My grandfather owned a tunny boat that sailed out of Whitby each summer.
- 1.1Tuna as food.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- In those days the North Sea was full of tunny - the giant tuna - that were in gorging on shoals of herring and mackerel.
- In eight days in 1952 he caught and landed seven tunny, totalling 4,581 lb.
mid 16th century: from French thon, via Latin from Greek thunnos.
Más definiciones de tunnyDefinición de tunny en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional