2.1The flesh of a sea turtle, especially the green turtle, used chiefly for soup.
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- One of the main dishes was a soup - soft shelled turtle soup.
- The ball came to an end at 3am, when the waitresses served turtle soup.
- She told me about Escoffier's cookbook and its recipe for turtle soup.
mid 16th century: apparently an alteration of French tortue (see tortoise).
- (Chiefly of a boat) capsize.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Kevin bellows instructions, and in quick time we exit the boat, turn turtle and fin towards the edge of the drop-off.
- She had turned turtle and capsized and those who were not able to get out in the first few hours were surely trapped for good.
- Four minutes later the ship turned turtle and sank.
Definición de turtle en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional