sustantivo (plural tuxedos or tuxedoes)chiefly North American
- 1A man’s dinner jacket.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- There were lots of blonde women in posh frocks and expensive-looking high heels and guys in dinner jackets or tuxedos or whatever you call them.
- 1.1A suit of formal evening clothes including a tuxedo.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Always eccentric, Dietrich put on trousers, tuxedos and men's suits long before other women dared.
- Likewise, suits are worn by both men and women in most places of business, and tuxedos and evening gowns are worn at formal affairs
- They had obviously been at a school formal or something like that, because they were wearing tuxedos and evening dresses.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Gowned and tuxedoed patrons fill the halls to get a preview of the new ‘Riches of India ‘exhibit.’
- On the 10th December the anniversary of the death of Alfred Nobel, two thousand dignitaries, tuxedoed and gowned, gather in the Stockholm Concert Hall.
- The 1929 Chicago Book of Achievement published a photograph of Smith, seated, dressed in a tuxedo with a baton resting on his lap, surrounded by thirteen tuxedoed men, all carefully posed, instruments in hand.
late 19th century: from Tuxedo Park, the site of a country club in New York, where it was first worn.