número (plural twenties)
- 1The number equivalent to the product of two and ten; ten less than thirty; 20: twenty or thirty years ago twenty of us stood and waited a twenty-foot aerial (Roman numeral: xx, XX)Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The pomegranate is a deciduous tree or large shrub that can grow to twenty or thirty feet and produces pomegranate fruit.
- I know more people who hate it than love it and those haters often question why I would watch this movie ten, twenty, even thirty times without getting tired of it.
- As far as students are concerned, it is a harsh reality that for the last two years, summer vacation have lasted not more than twenty to thirty days, thanks to vacation classes.
- 1.1 (twenties) The numbers from twenty to twenty-nine, especially the years of a century or of a person’s life: he’s in his late twentiesMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Police are trying to identify the man, aged in his twenties or thirties.
- A local man, aged in his mid twenties, has been arrested and was being questioned at Derby police station.
- With an unsuccessful marriage behind her, she went off to drama school in her twenties.
- 1.2Twenty years old: he’s about twentyMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Anyone over the age of twenty is occasionally confronted with the ignorance of today's youth of some phenomenon that was utterly ordinary when we were their age.
- People with acting ability between the ages of twenty and fifty are required to take part in a double bill of Irish comedy that will be in the Town Hall Theatre, Galway in June.
- There has been a drop in the number of births to Waterford girls under the age of twenty, according to the latest figures released by the Central Statistics Office.
- 1.4A size of garment or other merchandise denoted by twenty.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- I also had two fish using a small black gnat tied up on a size twenty hook.
- 1.5A twenty-dollar bill.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- He grabs his coat, tosses a twenty on the table and leaves.
- Casey dropped a couple crisp twenties on the table before following her outside.
- He quickly took out his wallet and threw a twenty on the table.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Yet these poems are not just a collection of images of mid twentieth century life.
- By the middle of the twentieth century, economic circumstances had changed greatly.
- The twentieth century has been called, among other things, the Age of the Dictators.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The greater division of labor enables one laborer to accomplish the work of five, 10, or 20 laborers; it therefore increases competition among the laborers fivefold, tenfold, or twentyfold.
- Over the course of the twentieth century human population has increased more than threefold and gross world product perhaps twentyfold.
- The Scottish Refugee Council is facing a twentyfold increase in its client base as refugees are dispersed throughout the UK.
Pronunciación: /-ˌfōld/adjetivo & adverbio