- 1Having undergone a renewal of faith or life, in particular.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- We are in the process of becoming twice-born, but we're not there yet.
- William James wrote about the once-born and the twice-born.
- In the desire to be twice-born there is a good deal of self-hatred.
- 1.1(Of a Hindu) belonging to one of the three highest castes, especially as an initiated Brahman.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- ‘Hinduism ‘can best be defined as a set of ideas and practices of the upper, so-called twice-born castes that are based on the interpretation of the ancient Vedas and auxiliary textual traditions by Brahman priests.’
- Both groups - and women, too - were prohibited from hearing the Veda and denied initiation into twice-born status (and the wearing of the sacred thread).
- Such a Guru, when conferring knowledge of self and making one twice-born, opens the door and enables one to see the transcendental form of God within.
- 1.2(Of a Christian) born-again.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The impact of this movement on contemporary evangelical theologies of the twice-born experience needs much more critical examination.
Más definiciones de twice-bornDefinición de twice-born en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional